Wednesday 21 December 2016

"Are you alright?"

"Are you alright?" He asked me examining my face. 

"Do you think I'm alright? I almost lost you today! I.. I can't lose you. I can't imagine life without you! I'm terrified to lose you! That fire could have killed you! What if it did? What then? What am I suppose to do then? I don't think I can live without you... You have become the most consistent thing in my life! I can't lose you. I don't know what I would do if I lost you..." 


"You would move on. You would finish school. You would get a good paying job and you would move on." 


"Adam, I wouldn't be able to. I would want to die. I would rather it be me. I can't lose you. Holy hell if I lost you I would cry for months. I would stand on the top of buildings wanting to jump just so I could see you again. You mean more than anything to me. I can't lose you. I just can't." 

He pulls me close to him and starts to run his fingers through my hair. "You think that I could lose you? If it was you I would feel the exact same way but I would have to move on somehow." 


"You're stronger than me. You always have been. You could survive, I couldn't. I would cry myself to sleep every night. I would go back to cutting. I would never leave the house. I would become useless to society. I would die of sadness and depression. I couldn't do it. I refuse to do it."


"Samantha, you're stronger than you think you are. You're stronger than me. You could do it. But you don't have to for now. It's okay. We're both okay." 


We lay down in bed and Adam slowly falls asleep. I lay there, eyes wide open as tears fall down my cheeks. He almost died today. He almost died today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment